Against All Odds: Datsun 1600 / 510 BRE Racing.

John Roswell

Who would ever guess that our old friend Herb Wetanson (owner of Wetson's Alfa GTV that Horst Kweck drives) would cheat with a big gas tank??

zuzulo56

John A. Farr said:
Is John Morton still with us?
If so, is he still involved in racing?
Can't find any indication of his demise.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Morton_(racing_driver)
The last few sentences tell of a massive crash at L. Seca...2010:
"Doesn't it look like the black car had a front brake seize up or bind, or a cooling hose blow, spraying slippery coolant onto a tire while under braking, causing him to veer sharply into the trajectory of the scarab?
I was there, all I saw was a big dust cloud, the race was red flagged and there were medical and track people swarming all over the area. They put up a curtain around the crash area. No one was hurt as I recall.
cyfacrider2008 2 months ago"

JFW

John A. Farr said:
Is John Morton still with us?
If so, is he still involved in racing?
John,

If you look down and to the right, you will see the poster for the"Waterford Hills Event".

John Morton will be there along with Tony A-Z, and Horst Kweck!

All very much alive.

Morton is a frequent celebrity at Vintage events.

lotusgeorge

Trans Am was known for more creative methods of skirtiting the rules. Teams were known to route extra lengths of 2" diameter gas line through the car picking up an extra gallon or two. Linda Daro of Meadowdale International Raceways Preservation Association (MIRPA) figures statute of limitations is up on this sort of thing. She is trying to put together a pannel discussion on the subject for the next dinner meeting in September. John Morton is likely to be included if he is available.

tabsracer

Crazy about Datsuns
lotusgeorge said:
Trans Am was known for more creative methods of skirtiting the rules. Teams were known to route extra lengths of 2" diameter gas line through the car picking up an extra gallon or two. Linda Daro of Meadowdale International Raceways Preservation Association (MIRPA) figures statute of limitations is up on this sort of thing. She is trying to put together a pannel discussion on the subject for the next dinner meeting in September. John Morton is likely to be included if he is available.
George, thanks for bringing this topic up.
Trans Am B sedan race group. TABS is working with Linda and Mirpa to bring a exciting group of cars and racers to discuss those GRAY areas of the rules.

Trans Am B sedan race group

I changed the link for you Steve :)

jfw

JFW

Sylvia Wilkinson has "revisited" her 1972 book The Stainless Steel Carrot that chronicles the BRE team and the people who made it happen. She has added a 45 page chapter on the more recent endeavors of John Morton and others.

Pre-Orders are being taken now for the 9-30-2012 publication date.

All of Sylvia's proceeds will go to animal causes.

http://brownfoxbooks.com/BookShelf/HistoricMotorsport.html