SVRA Names Former INDYCAR Corporate Officer As President

fordboy628

Staff member
Who can say what this will mean to their Vintage program?

July 31, 2019
Matt Breeden, who has held executive positions in motorsports companies for over 15 years, will focus on managing and growing the Sportscar Vintage Racing Association (SVRA) in his new position.

SVRA Names Former INDYCAR Corporate Officer As President

Sportscar Vintage Racing Association (SVRA) today announced that Matt Breeden, who has held executive positions in motorsports companies for over 15 years, has joined the company as its president.

“Matt has demonstrated tremendous skill in previous corporate officer roles at premier motorsports companies such INDYCAR and Champ Car,” said SVRA CEO Tony Parella. “The growth of SVRA has exceeded our expectations and I realized I needed a top talent like Matt to manage and grow the business. With his experience, I can focus on sponsorship development, customer relationships, and strategic initiatives such as our new Speed Tour brand and relationship with Trans Am.”

Breeden, who most recently served as Chief Financial Officer for Indianapolis-based Racetrack Engineering, LLC, is a long-time resident of the auto racing capital and will keep his office there. Prior to that he was vice president, business affairs at INDYCAR where he managed the series schedule as well as day-to-day relationships with all venues, led sanction agreement negotiations, performed due diligence for new and existing venues and more.

Breeden was also vice president and general counsel of the Champ Car World Series. He managed all legal affairs, including contracts with tracks, promoters, sponsors, broadcasters, and vendors. He also was responsible for risk management, insurance, litigation, employment, and governance. In addition to a host of other responsibilities and accomplishments, Breeden represented Champ Car in its historic merger with INDYCAR to unify top-level North American open-wheel racing.

Last edited: