VSCDA Tech Inspection Day

lotusgeorge

ANNOUNCING

VSCDA will be holding a Tech Inspection Day.

For: VSCDA Members

On: April 14, 2012

At: Performance Restorations
1500 McCormick Blvd
Mundelein, IL 60060
(It's about 40 miles NW of Chicago, on IL Rt. 60,
between IL Rt. 21 and IL Rt. 83)

RSVP: If you plan to attend please email lotusgeorge@comcast.net
with the number of cars you will bring, time of arival, and
a phone number.

If your car and gear are ready and up to snuf, ANNUAL INSPECTIONS
will be issued so you don't have to wait in line at the first event you attend. Remmember SNEL2000 Helmets must be replaced!

JFW

Thanks for getting this going George. That is a great idea and it should help a lot of Chicago area folks get a start on the season.

When I was in the Navy at Great Lakes in 1970, Midwest Council used to do a similar thing and it was a great help to get newbees up to speed on their tech issues.

Everyone should keep in mind that almost all organizations will be requiring SNELL 2005 hemets this year. The 2010 helmets are out so there are a lot of good deals on 2005s.

jw

lotusgeorge

We are up to about 20 cars. There is room for more in the early AM or early Afternoon! Let me know if you are coming.
Thanks,
George

lotusgeorge

Jack,

Tech Day went well. We worked with about 15 cars and isssued 7 Annuals to those who rememberd to bring all their gear! One thing we found on several cars was race harnesses which were not correctly routed throught the hardware. I would encourage racers and inspectors alike to visit the web site of Simpson or other manufactures to see how it is done correctly. It is great to have the correct gear....but if it is not installed correctly......it can fail and or cause injury!